Pages

5.25.2010

Mint Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Who ever heard of mint chocolate chip oatmeal cookies? Not me. Not Mike Begonia. But I decided to make it since all I had was a bag of mint chocolate chips in my pantry closet instead of regular chocolate chips. These cookies are sweet, minty, soft on the inside, and slightly crispy on the outside.
Chocolate chips were originally made of semi sweet chocolate, but there are many well known flavors today. Such as mint chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, dark and milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and probably hundreds more (exaggerating). The chips also comes in many sizes. They are usually around 1 cm in diameter.
I played around this recipes for years. I would add different ingredients to it and it always comes out to perfection! Sometimes I would add more flour because the dough is too sticky. Or I would add more chocolate chips. I usually halved the ingredients and make the cookies smaller than what the original recipe calls. The original recipe is from Top Secret Recipes and I modified it to my liking. This is my modification:

1 stick softened unsalted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
1/2 cup oats
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy in a mixing bowl.
3. Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture.
4. Stir in the chocolate chip and oatmeal.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons (about 1 inch diameter balls) and place on un-greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Then transfer them on a wired rack.

3 comments:

  1. those look so delicious I can eat 100 of them!!! Happy Birthday Duchess of Delights!! I wish 10 thousand more years of delights <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. they were amazing as always!! can I have more please? LOL

    <3 Faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm.. thx again!!

    I approve this message.

    ReplyDelete