Pages

9.02.2010

Cream Puffs

Cream puffs, also known as profiterole, is a round puff that is filled with pastry cream. Whipped cream can also be used to fill the puff. It can be eaten plain or topped off with chocolate, caramel, powdered sugar, or fruits.
This is my first attempt at making these. And it turned out better than expected. But there are a few changes I would make. Such as adding a little more sugar to the pastry cream. It wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be. The puff was a bit on the eggy side. So I will have to make adjustments the next time I decide to prepare this. Recipe can be found here.
I used parchment paper instead of greasing the baking sheet, and found that it took some work, a few tugs, a couple of pulls to finally get the puff off the parchment paper. Pulling the puff off the parchment paper with an ungentle hand will leave a hole in the bottle of the puff. Not sure if using an ungreased baking sheet(as other recipes states) or a greased baking sheet will have different results. That will have to wait until I decide to do a revised version.
I used Dessert Decorator Pro by Wilton. I made two different types of puff. I made a puff using the 1M tip and a puff without using the tip. Both styles puffed up nicely. I didn't know which one I wanted to photograph so I just closed my eyes and picked one. The Dessert Decorator Pro isn't required for the recipe. Dropping the batter by tablespoonfuls will do nicely as well.
Next time, I think I will fill the puff with chocolate mousse. Oh! My mouth just watered!
To make the photo exceptional, I drizzled chocolate syrup on top.
And then dusted a little powdered sugar on top. And! Oh My!


Pastry Cream (filling) Photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment