1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cup Quick-Cooking oats, uncooked
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup melted butter
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (10 oz) jar Apricot Preserves
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9 baking pan or line with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add melted butter and vanilla in flour and oatmeal mixture; mix until crumbly.
4. Reserve 1 cup of crumbs; set aside. Press remaining crumbs into the greased pan.
5. Spread apricot preserves on the crust within 1/4 inche from the edge of the pan.
6. Combine the 1 cup reserved crumbs and the coconut flakes. Sprinkle the crumbs and flakes on top of he crust and preserve.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly brown at 350.
8. Let cool completely and cut into bars.
Makes about 2 dozen.