1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup lemon juice
2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the flour, salt, and 1 teaspoon of lemon zest. Blend until it resemble sand like texture.
3. Press the crumbs in the grease pan and bake 15-17 minutes. Or until the sides are lightly brown.
4. Whisk the eggs and sugar. Add flour, baking powder, and lemon zest. Pour lemon juice in batter.
5. Pour the filling in the baked shortbread crust.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until the custard is firm when the pan is lightly shaken.
7. Turn off the oven, leave bars in oven for additional 5 minutes.
8. Cool completely before slicing. Dust with confectioners sugar.